“The Lord is near to the brokenhearted. He helps those whose spirit is crushed.” -Psalm 34
All Christians are ministers. Stephen Ministry is a system for utilizing the gifts God has given his people, for those who are in need of compassion, love and care. No one is untouched. At some point in life, everyone faces periods of crisis, transition, or difficulty. During these times people can receive great benefit from a caring relationship with someone who will faithfully listen, empathize, pray with and for them, and encourage them with Christ’s love and care.
Stephen Ministry is:
- Confidential: Our ministers are bound by this code so that those receiving care can be sure that their identity and concerns are secure.
- Free: Available to all who seek comfort and support through Christian caring
- Not a substitute for therapy
Stephen Ministry helps meet the needs of those who are:
- Hospitalized or home bound
- Aging and elderly
- Separated or divorced
- Grieving and experiencing loss
- In a job transition
- New and single parents
- Victims of accidents and natural disasters
- Family members of the above, and more
How Does It Work?
- A person — either you, a relative or a friend — is hurting and in need of Christian care
- If a friend or relative, ask permission to report the need.
- Contact one of the Stephen Leaders: 610.647-2530 Ext. 1370 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The person will be contacted. A full explanation of the Stephen Ministry program will be given.
- A Stephen Minister will be assigned to meet with the person on a regular basis.
The Stephen Minister will continue to provide distinctively Christian care for the person in strict confidence.