Encouraging Catholic Vocations
“Vocations are born in prayer and from Prayer,” said Pope Francis. He went on to add, “[a]nd only in prayer can they be preserved and bear fruit.
During National Vocation Awareness Week, Daylesford Abbey is encouraging our friends and followers to pray for vocations. Prayer is the most important thing we can do to support vocations.
There are many other steps people can take to encourage vocations to the priesthood and religious life. Here is a list of five things parents can do to encourage vocations.
- Attend Mass. The Eucharist is the source and summit of Catholic life. Faithful Catholics who regularly attend Mass will provide their children with a good experience of men answering God’s call.
- Bring your children to the Sacrament of Reconciliation. When children experience this, they will gain more learn more about serving the church through the sacraments.
- Families can volunteer together. This will give children the chance to experience a life of service.
- Become friends with priests, brothers and sisters. Your children will see these men and women in a different way.
- Plant the seed early. Encourage children to consider a vocation. Be open to their questions about vocations.
These five simple steps will encourage Catholic vocations.
Daylesford Abbey Vocations
Daylesford Abbey seeks men who are completely committed to loving and serving Jesus Christ . We are seeking men who will support their brothers in Christ through common life and common prayer, and who will dedicate themselves to be ministers of peace and reconciliation.
If you have a passion for God and for helping others to find Christ, this may be a sign of God’s plan for you.
Daylesford Abbey provides a community in which you can take the time to contemplate God’s Word and be bathed in the ongoing refreshment of our common prayer, so as to serve the larger church through sacramental ministry and in a variety of ministries with God’s healing love.
If you are interested in considering a vocation to Daylesford Abbey, click here.