Director, Spirituality Center
The Daylesford Abbey – Paoli, PA
Daylesford Abbey is seeking a highly motivated and energetic Director for its Retreat and Spirituality Center, someone who understands and appreciates the character of Daylesford Abbey and its mission.
Mission Statement: in an environment of hospitality and inclusivity, Daylesford Abbey’s Spirituality Center exists to assist all those longing for a deepening sense of personal and communal spiritual growth. It offers a variety of faith-nurturing programs in the spirit and charism of our Order’s founder, St. Norbert, known as a minister of peace and reconciliation. Our goal is always to foster that same reconciliation – with God, self and others.
We are seeking a director who:
- has an appreciation of and an embrace of our Catholic identity.
- demonstrates leadership, organizational, managerial skills, and a sense of collegiality.
- exhibits an extraordinary spirit of hospitality.
- demonstrates skills in creative program development to grow and expand our retreat and spirituality center offerings, including the use of the facility by outside groups (rentals).
- has a demonstrated history of marketing experience, including the use of social media advertising.
- has some background or prior skills in pastoral ministry/theology and retreat work (preferred).
- a willingness to network with campus ministries of area high schools and colleges, as well as with local churches and synagogues is required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Divinity or Theology preferred.
3-5 years of experience in retreat or pastoral ministry preferred.
PC literate; MS Office (Word and Excel).
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Compensation is commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position with benefits.